Tesla Motors Canada
Toll free: (888) 51-TESLA or (888) 518-3752
Local: (650) 681-5100
Night: (650) 681-5101
November 03, 2015
Tesla Motors Fact Sheet
As of November 3, 2015, Tesla is trading at $210.70 per share.
Tesla Motors started in 2003 with the goal, “to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable transport” (Tesla Motors, 2015).
- Tesla launched the Tesla Roadster in 2008.
- Tesla roadster boasts 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with 245 miles per charge.
- Tesla sold more than 2400 roadsters in 30 countries.
The Tesla Model S was launched in 2012.
- The Model S has room for seven passengers and 64 ft.³ of storage space.
- 0 to 60 mph in about five seconds.
- The Model S has a Low, stable center of gravity, with 255 miles per charge.
- “Model S was named Motor Trend’s 2013 Car of the Year and achieved a 5-star safety rating from the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(Tesla Motors, 2015).
- The Model S was the first electric vehicle to ever receive Motortrend’s Car of the Year Award – one of the most coveted in the automobile industry(Dua, 2015).
- The Model S currently holds two major titles – the lowest drag coefficient of any production car, and the largest panoramic sunroof of any production car(Dua, 2015).
Tesla Motors released much of its patent information into the public domain in order to jumpstart the fully electric vehicle market (Musk, 2014).
In 2014, CEO Elon Musk unveils new configurations of the Model S.
- The 85D and P85D give the Model S unparalleled handling and control.
- The P85D accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds and is the, “fastest four-door production car ever made”(Tesla Motors, 2015).
Tesla motors has over 50,000 vehicles on the road and in 2015 launched the Model X, a crossover vehicle.
- Model X has gullwing doors and three rows of seating.
Tesla is currently developing the Model 3, a mass-market affordable electric vehicle set to be introduced to market by 2017.
- Tesla has a network of superchargers across North America and expanding around the world, for longer journeys.
- Currently there are 536 charger stations with 3053 superchargers.
- Tesla’s superchargers can produce up to 270 km of range in as little as 30 minutes.
Tesla partners with Panasonic and other companies to build a gigafactory in Nevada that will produce the entire planet’s capacity worth of lithium-ion batteries circa 2013.
- The gigafactory is scheduled to be operational by 2017 with full capacity by 2020.
- Tesla introduces the PowerWall for home energy storage.
- Powerwall deliveries are slated to begin late 2015.
Dua, S. (2015, 10 27). What-are-some-mind-blowing-facts-about-Tesla-Motors. Retrieved from Quora: https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-mind-blowing-facts-about-Tesla-Motors
Musk, E. (2014, June 12). all our patent are belong to you. Retrieved from Tesla motors.com: http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you
Petty, A. (2015, October 3). Tesla-Nissan-Chevy-jumpstart electric vehicle market. Retrieved from The Piedmont Highlander: http://tphnews.com/2013/04/tesla-chevrolet-nissan-jumpstart-electric-vehicle-market
Tesla Motors. (2015, November 3). About. Retrieved from Tesla motors.com: http://www.teslamotors.com/en_CA/about
Tesla Motors. (2015, October 3). Supercharger. Retrieved from Tesla motors.com: http://www.teslamotors.com/en_CA/supercharger